Friday, September 30, 2011

Why are gyms filled with mirrors?

I went to Zumba again yesterday with Liz, and had a blast! A sweaty, muscle-burning, high-heart-rate-maintaining blast. The best part is truly when there's some goofy move we're supposed to do and we look at each other and make ridiculous faces and do the moves with great exaggeration, and then totally crack up instead of feeling stupid, which is always preferable. The worst part, to me at least, is the fact that there are giant mirrors that force me to watch myself as I bust out with these crazy moves that make me look stupid. I don't feel stupid until I can see myself. I think I wouldn't look stupid if I was thin, which is the point of this whole thing, so I guess I'll just have to use it as motivation. Still though, I'm already at the gym... I need the motivation to GET me to the gym. I prefer no mirrors.
Along the lines of being thinner, something that frustrates me is the fact that it's gonna take SO LONG to actually look decent. When I gained all the weight in the first place, it happened so quickly. It seems unfair that losing weight is so much harder. I've lost about eighty pounds from my heaviest weight, but it's taken me about seven years to do so. I definitely haven't been consistent in trying during that time, though, but when I wasn't losing, it was easy enough to maintain my weight, so I guess that's a good sign. Now that I'm on track, motivated, and have some good accountability, I just have to stick to it, and before I know it (haha yeah right... more like: MAYBE in a year or so of consistent progress), I won't look giant and gross in those mirrors at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment