Monday, October 10, 2011

Some unexpected Sunday hiking

I have been trying to be more active in everyday activities lately. I park further away than necessary pretty much everywhere. I take stairs instead of elevators when possible. You all know about the stairs at school (which, by the way, are getting easier. By the end of the semester, I expect to sprint to the top and bounce around with my hands in the air, in a Rocky-esque victory dance.), and then there's the endless chasing of my little nephew Eli. Taking tiny steps so as not to outrun him is actually quite a decent workout for my thighs. Try it, I'm not kidding. Anyway, all of that really adds up, and I'm always happy when an exercisey (yes, exercisey. It is now a word. Use it.) activity presents itself, as it did this Sunday. I had planned to meet with a friend to practice worship songs for our Wednesday night Bible study, and instead of the usual practice at church, he planned a fun afternoon. We hiked to this great spot on the church property (the church owns 110 acres!), and played guitar and sang for a couple hours in a field with a spectacular view. It was a gorgeous afternoon, with a cool breeze and even some wildlife. We saw a deer! I tried to get a picture but it ran away and I only had my phone, so my zooming ability was limited. The hike wasn't very strenuous or long, but it was a nice way to add some natural exercise to a day. I think, weather permitting, worship practice should always include a hike to and from a secluded field with a beautiful view!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment