Monday, August 6, 2012

A pair of bright pink pants with nobody inside them

I love writing this blog. I like being able to document my successes, vent about my frustrations, and be held accountable when I'm slacking. It's so great that, when I didn't write for a month, I had people asking me for posts, because it pushed me to get back on track when I was being lazy. The fact that my story encourages other people is so rewarding and such a cool bonus! As an overweight person for so many years, I know that I had to come to a point where I was ready to lose weight for myself and not because I should or because other people wanted me to, or because it would help me find a husband. It had to be for me alone. It took a long time to be ready, but I finally got there, and I am so much happier. But the thing is, as much as my mindset has changed and I am happy doing this for myself, at the very core of my being is still that person who lives to serve other people. I will do anything within my ability for pretty much anyone who needs my help. Because of this, I LOVE getting emails and texts from people and hearing that I have inspired them to start getting healthy, exercising, and/or losing weight! It gives me a reason to keep writing when I just don't feel like it. A reason beyond my own self, which is a more important reason in my opinion. Plus, knowing that I'm not alone in this makes it so much easier!

Someone who has consistently been one of my biggest encouragers in my weight loss and in writing my blog is my dear friend Regina. She is a family friend, and has known my mom forever. I grew up with her kids and her oldest daughter Cora has been my best friend since we were babies. Regina is really more like an aunt to me, and I love her as such. She tells me all the time how much I inspire her, and she also encourages me in school, and in what has turned out to be this horribly long wait for my future husband. She prays for me and she loves me, and I am so blessed to have her in my life.

A few weeks ago, I posted a status on facebook asking if people had any size 16 pants of which they were no longer in need, because the size 12 motivational pants I have are not an immediate enough goal, and I was in desperate need of motivation. That next weekend when I was in Tucson, my friend Kristi gave me 3 pairs of jeans that are too big for her now(Woohoo! Go Kristi!!), and then this morning I got a package from Regina. She bought me the best pair of motivational pants I could possibly imagine!! They are bright pink and I can NOT wait to wear them! I hung them up on the back of my bedroom door to keep my eyes on the prize and keep me motivated to get down to that next size! School starts up again at the end of this month, and I want to wear them on the first day! Those pants are what got me to the gym today, where I burned 450 calories and sorified (clearly that means "made sore") my muscles! I think those pants have magical powers!

Photobucket

That lovely pair of bright pink pants with nobody inside them! They won't be empty for long! Thank you, Regina!!

No comments:

Post a Comment